Three Quick Links for Friday Afternoon

14:57

As of August 1, it will be illegal for adults to wear a face mask in North Carolina. The state's anti-mask law, intended to target the Klan decades ago, has been temporarily suspended due to the pandemic. [wral.com]

What We Know About the Killing of Elijah McClain. "I was just going home. I'm an introvert. I'm just different. That's all. I'm so sorry. I have no gun. I don't do that stuff." This is straight-up murder of a black man by police. [thecut.com]

The average person who's died of Covid-19 has lost ~11 years of their life. [twitter.com]

---

Note: Quick Links are pushed to this RSS feed twice a day. For more immediate service, check out the front page of kottke.org, the Quick Links archive, or the @kottke Twitter feed.



from kottke.org https://ift.tt/3ac8g8Y
via IFTTT

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »