Four Quick Links for Monday Afternoon

15:53

The Qatar World Cup and the hypocritical West. "Qatar is not a pariah state – it exists in a global political system of western sponsors that have forged deep alliances with Gulf monarchies and extended them immunity." [theguardian.com]

I read 23 books (and counting) on my sabbatical. As a preview of my next media diet post, here's a roughly chronological list of everything I've read over the past 3+ years. [bookshop.org]

RIP Fred Brooks, author of the seminal The Mythical Man-Month. [circleid.com]

John Oliver on the 2022 World Cup in Qatar: "I won't say that Qatar definitely got the World Cup through bribery, but I won't say that they didn't and I will say that they did." [youtube.com]

---

Note: Quick Links are pushed to this RSS feed twice a day. For more immediate service, check out the front page of kottke.org, the Quick Links archive, or the @kottke Twitter feed.



from kottke.org https://ift.tt/SU9fexD
via IFTTT

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »