Four Quick Links for Tuesday Noonish

09:53

What All My Best Meals Have Had in Common. A pro food writer: "The most memorable meals of my life have unquestionably been in other people's homes." This has not been my experience...my top 10 are all restaurants.

A man claiming to own a David Hockney painting brings it to Antiques Roadshow to be evaluated. The appraiser: "I now know what an early Hockney looks like." (via mymodernmet.com)

Thousands of film and television writers belonging to The Writers Guild of America go on strike today. Sticking points include pay levels, staffing & revenue sharing around streaming, and use of AI in the writing process.

Man Going Through Phase Where Life Implodes And Everything That Follows Is On The Decline. "Someday I will look back at this difficult period in my life and wonder how I ever had it so good." 👋

---

Note: Quick Links are pushed to this RSS feed twice a day. For more immediate service, check out the front page of kottke.org, the Quick Links archive, or the @kottke Mastodon feed.



from kottke.org https://ift.tt/JWGDkE7
via IFTTT

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »