Five Quick Links for Thursday Afternoon

14:57

From Ask A Swole Woman: How to Fit in a Real Workout When You Have Only 20 Minutes. [vice.com]

The Anti-Capitalist Software License. "This license exists to release software that empowers individuals, collectives, worker-owned cooperatives, and nonprofits, while denying usage to those that exploit labor for profit." [anticapitalist.software]

From Harvard Business Review, An Interview with Janelle Monáe. "[My job at Office Depot] was getting in the way of my focusing on what I needed to do as an artist. When they fired me, I had no excuse. I had to go all in on my career." [hbr.org]

Trailer for On the Rocks, a new movie by Sofia Coppola starring Rashida Jones and Bill Murray. [youtube.com]

In the 1920s, a group of American women crowdfunded $100,000 to buy Marie Curie a gram of radium so she could continue her cancer research. (Curie, of course, discovered radium and freely published instructions on how to extract it.) [smithsonianmag.com]

---

Note: Quick Links are pushed to this RSS feed twice a day. For more immediate service, check out the front page of kottke.org, the Quick Links archive, or the @kottke Twitter feed.



from kottke.org https://ift.tt/3ac8g8Y
via IFTTT

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »