It's Random Midsummer Shopping Day!

14:53

four items that are on sale at Amazon for Prime Day: The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu, a KitchenAid mixer, an air purifier, and an indoor hydroponic garden

For the last few years, Amazon has spent a couple of summer days putting a bunch of their most popular items on sale for their Prime members. This year, Prime Day runs from July 11-12 and includes a number of things that I can personally recommend (or are currently coveting). Keep in mind that you need to be an Amazon Prime member to take advantage of these deals: here's where you sign up for Prime if you're interested (there's a free 30-day trial).

Ok first, there are a bunch of deals on Apple products, including the 2nd-generation AirPods Pro (20% off) that I am a big fan of. (That's actually not a Prime-only deal, but it's $50 cheaper than Apple sells them for.) The AirPods Max are $100 off, the 2nd-gen AirPods are just $90 (30% off), and the 3rd-gen AirPods are $30 off.

The latest Apple Watch (Series 8) is a whopping 30% off ($280) for the 41mm and 28% off for the 45mm ($309)...much less than what Apple sells them for. I really like my Series 7 (especially for the exercise stuff) and this is a very tempting upgrade.

The 13" M1 Macbook Air is on sale for for $750...that's 25% off the list price. This is the exact computer I'm using right now and I love it. Still feels super quick and powerful, even a few years after it was released.

Moving on from Apple to Play-Doh. You heard me! 24 cans of Play-Doh for $14.49, who can resist? That smell still takes me right back to when I was a kid...

With Covid and wildfires, air purifiers are becoming more of a necessity for homes around the country. Here are a pair of well-regarded purifiers that are on sale: the Levoit Vital 200S is $30 off ($160) and the Winix 5500-2, which is 53% off ($117).

One of Prime Day's biggest deals for readers is the Kindle (just $65, down from $100) and the Kindle Paperwhite ($90, 36% off). The Paperwhite is the one I use to read all my books these days.

Speaking of reading, check out these books that are on sale: The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton ($6), One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez ($10), The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu ($7.41), and Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler ($8.14) (I just finished reading this!).

I have too many plants to take care of these days, but this hydroponic indoor garden (70% off!) sure is tempting. (I am almost positive your weed plant needs more light than this? And actual soil? But do some research...maybe it'll work? 🤪)

One my family's recent favorite board games, Splendor, is 47% off ($23.74). And while I was looking at that, I noticed that Splendor Duel is also on sale for almost 20% off...I'm not sure what the difference is, but I'm tempted to give that a try.

KitchenAid's smaller 3.5 Qt. Stand Mixer, which is lighter and takes up less counter space in smaller kitchens, is on sale for $260 (32% off).

Ok that's all I've got, but if you don't see anything here that interests you, your best bet is to head over to Amazon's Prime Day page and start digging around. I know there's a bunch more deals on things like kitchen items, TVs, fashion, tech products, and beauty products. Good luck!

When you buy through links on kottke.org, I may earn an affiliate commission. Thanks for supporting the site!

Tags: Amazon

from kottke.org https://ift.tt/sdMOS5R
via IFTTT

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »